This Entry is ‘Editorial#0’ because this is a sample of ‘the Point of View’, E-journal contributed by members of Thai Students Abroad Movement (TSAM) …
We started our movement 3 months ago, after 7th of October incident. The concerns for our country political situation brought Thai students abroad who hold the same aspiration and want to see a better future of Thailand together. The movement initiated by a group of students in UK and the Netherlands , using Facebook as a tools to invite active Thai students from all continents to join the movement.
This movement works as a knowledge network of Thai students, aiming at establishing responsive democracy and sustainable development. We hope that the movement will be a forum where Thai students can share their ideas, concerns and knowledge academically. We open to any political, social, and economic point of view, and want to establish a culture of lively open academic debate of people from different stances. Also, we want to be a medium for all Thai students abroad who want to initiate good activities for our countries and are looking for someone who want to join. We will help facilitate as much as we can to help realize your great ideas.
Our activities are proceeding step by step. Start from topics in discussion board in facebook group and weekly notice to inform and arouse members participation, This E-Journal ‘the Point of View’ is another progress of our activities.
the Point of View is an E-journal which aims to be a platform for expressinng ideas of Thai students abroad in response to our country situations and on our aspirations of the responsive democracy and sustainable development. In addition, we also want to stimulate the knowledge network by encouraging members to share what topic they are doing research on, and also the information about the coming interesting seminars and academic conference around the globe and their summaries. Contents in e-journal can be categorized as follows:
- Thailand this week : Summary of what happens in Thailand on issues of economy, politics and quality of life every week.
- News-related Articles : Information, points of view, opinions related to the news
- On Thailand Centennial Development Goals (TDCs) : Aspiration for responsive democracy and sustainable development is developed into TDCs and will be clarified and fulfilled by articles in this section.
- Who’s doing what??: Knowing what topic our friends are doing research on and how can it contribute to our country.
- Conference and Seminar: News and summaries of interesting seminars and academic conferences around the world.
We are looking forward to receiving participations and feedbacks from TSAM members and all readers to improve our work. Please send your feedback to …….. @……..